According to the Chicago Fire Department, three individuals were critically injured in an apartment building fire in Chicago’s Edgewater Beach neighbourhood early Saturday morning.
Three Critically Injured in Early Morning Fire at Edgewater Beach Apartment Building, Chicago
Two ladies and one male were sent to hospitals in critical condition. The women were brought to Evanston’s St. Francis Hospital, while the guy was taken to Weiss Hospital.
The fire was promptly doused, and no more injuries were reported. The fire’s origin is being investigated.
The incident serves as a reminder of the significance of fire safety. Here are some safety considerations for you and your family:
- Check to see if your home has smoke detectors and that they are in functioning order. At least once a month, test them.
- Make a fire escape plan for your family and practise it.
- Fire hazards should be kept away from heat sources.
- Cooking should never be left unattended.
- Be cautious with candles and other open fires.
Fire Safety Tips: What to Do in Case of a Fire
The most important thing to do if you are in a fire is to get out safely. Do not attempt to fight the fire on your own. Call 911 right away.
Here are some extra fire safety tips:
- Maintain a modest profile. Because smoke rises, staying low will assist you avoid inhaling as much smoke as possible.
- Use a moist cloth or piece of fabric to cover your mouth and nose. This will also aid in the removal of smoke.
- If you must escape through a window, use a heavy object, such as a chair or a fire extinguisher, to break the glass.
- Once outside, keep your distance from the building and wait for the fire department to come.
You can help keep yourself and your family safe in the case of a fire by following these steps.