The Tulare County sheriff announced early Friday that two gang members were detained in connection with the January killing of six people, including a newborn, at a residence linked with a rival group in central California.
Sheriff Mike Boudreaux reported that 25-year-old suspect Noah David Beard had been arrested and that 35-year-old suspect Angel “Nanu” Uriarte had been shot and was in surgery, but was expected to make a full recovery.
“I’m glad we were able to put these two individuals behind jail,” the sheriff stated.
Boudreaux stated at a press conference held at the sheriff’s offices in Visalia that while the suspects and family members of the victims had a lengthy history of gang violence, the cause for the killing “is not entirely evident.”
In total, the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office has filed six counts of murder and additional charges against the two individuals. Prosecutors have stated they might face the death penalty or life in jail without the possibility of release.
On January 16th, a total of six people, including a teen mother and her infant, were murdered in rural Goshen, a town of around 3,000 people in the San Joaquin Valley.
Sheriff’s detectives, prosecutors, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and other law enforcement agencies conducted the mammoth investigation that led to the suspects’ arrests on Friday, which they claimed had been going on nonstop since January 23.
Boudreaux claimed that roughly eight inmate cells connected to the Nuestra Familia prison gang were examined in five state prisons, and that search warrants had been executed at places in Goshen and Visalia.
He said that the arrests weren’t made until DNA evidence was available to buttress the case. There was a lack of specifics on the evidence.
Both of them had a history of brushing up against the law. Prosecutors said in their court filing that Uriarte had a 2015 conviction for assault with a handgun in connection with a street gang and that Beard had convictions from his time as a juvenile offender.
Victims were a 72-year-old woman, Eladio Parraz, Jr., a 52-year-old man, a 49-year-old woman named Jennifer Analla, a 19-year-old man named Marcos Parraz, a 16-year-old named Alissa Parraz, and a 10-month-old named Nycholas Parraz.
On Friday, investigators revealed security footage showing a young woman dashing outside, crossing a fence with a baby in her arms. Both the adolescent and the infant were found dead on the street with gunshot wounds to the back of the head, and authorities have accused Beard of shooting and killing them.
Authorities say one of the adult victims was a lady who was discovered kneeling and shot in the head.
According to the sheriff, Alissa Parraz was recently granted exclusive custody of her kid after he had been in the care of the foster system for several months. On January 13, only three days before their deaths, the two were reunited.
A female witness who contacted 911 reported hearing gunfire. In the recorded clip, she can be heard informing the dispatcher that her partner has been shot and that the perpetrators are still on the premises.
She then said, “They’re coming back.” “Could you please speed up?”
As part of a bloody month across the Golden State, the Goshen murders stood out.
Eleven people were murdered and nine others were injured in a shooting at a dance club in Monterey Park on January 21. The shooter ultimately shot himself. Seven people were murdered and one was injured in gunshots at two farms in Half Moon Bay on January 23. The culprit was later apprehended.
Read Also:- Who is Scarlett Johansson husband now? How many husband has Scarlett Johansson had?