The list of the world's richest persons can vary from year to year, depending on their latest net worth and financial performance.
1. Elon Musk - $215.6 billion
Elon Musk is working to revolutionise transportation both on Earth, through electric car maker Tesla - and in space, via rocket producer SpaceX.
2. Bernard Arnault & Family ($139.1b) Bernard Arnault is the second-richest p
erson on planet. His corporate empire of more than 70 businesses includes Louis Vuitton and Sephora.
3. Jeff Bezos - $133.4 billion
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has a net worth of $133.4 billion and ranks as the third richest person on the earth today.
4. Bill Gates - $122.4 billion
The cofounder of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has a net worth of $122.4 billion.
5. Warren Buffet - $100.9 billion
Popularly known as the Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffet is seen as one of the most successful investors of all times.
6. Gautam Adani and family - $97.2 billion
Promoter of the Adani Group, Gautam Adani has segregated his multi million business fortune into energy, logistics, agriculture, aerospace and other sectors.
7. Mukesh Ambani - $96.6 billion
A Stanford dropout, Ambani has been one of the richest men in Asia, for over a decade now.