Diet, strong gut health, and health overall can make a big difference when it comes to seasonal allergies because allergic response has everything to do with the immune system.
Allergic disorders occur when the body responds to a harmless substance with an increase in IgE attached to mast cells and Type 1 T helper cells (Th1).
1. Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar is an age old remedy that is often recommended for a variety of health conditions. I’ve personally used it for allergy relief (and heartburn relief) with great success.
2. Wash Your NostrilsThis remedy works by preventing the offending allergen (or at least as much of it) from entering your airways.
3. QuercetinQuercetin is a natural bioflavonoid that is said to help stabilize mast cells to keep them from releasing histamine.
4. Nettle LeafNettle leaf is another natural antihistamine that can be very effective as it naturally blocks the body’s ability to produce histamine
5. ProbioticsAllergies are the result of an imbalance in the immune system that causes the body to react too strongly to a stimuli.
6. Local HoneyThere isn’t much scientific evidence to back this one, but there seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence from people who have tried it.