Curcumin may also improve digestion of fats and sugars and help alleviate inflammation in the digestive system. It is even used in the mouth to help alleviate gum problems!
Turmeric Broth Recipe
A simple and delicious turmeric broth adds antioxidants and amazing flavor
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 tsp turmeric powder (or freshly grated turmeric)
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 TBSP fresh ginger
– 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
– ½ tsp cumin
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp black pepper
– First, place all the ingredient sin a small saucepan.
– Then, simmer the mixture for about five minutes.
– Finally, blend with an immersion blender (optional) and enjoy.
Any herbs or spices work and can change up the flavor of this recipe.
This is also a great base for soups or stews. To make a 5-minute nutrient-packed egg drop soup, crack four raw eggs into the broth above as it is simmering while whisking rapidly.
Turmeric can also be used on skin! One of my favorite ways to use it is in a face mask. You can add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to any face mask recipe you love.