Congratulations on hiring a financial advisor. It's not easy to assess a financial advisor's value and find a good match.
Here are seven strategies to help you prepare for your initial meeting with a financial advisor:
– Look into the advisor's FINRA record.
– Examine the advisor's social media profiles.
– Don't worry about bringing financial statements yet.
– Get clarity on what you need help with and why.
– Determine which criteria are most important to you.
– Create a list of questions to ask.
– Do a gut check after the meeting.