This anti-itch spray contains natural remedies that relieve itching immediately. I've used it successfully on mosquito bites, poison ivy, sunburn, chigger bites,
and nettle burns.
Cooling Anti-Itch Spray Recipe
This simple Anti-Itch Spray uses witch hazel, aloe vera gel, sea salt, menthol crystals, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils to stop the itch.
– ¼ cup witch hazel
– 1 tsp salt
– ½ tsp menthol crystals
– 2 TBSP aloe vera gel
– 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar (or additional aloe)
– 5 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
– 5 drops calendula essential oil (optional)
– In a small saucepan, heat the witch hazel over low heat until warm to the touch (about 130 degrees).
– Add the salt and stir until dissolved.
-Stir menthol crystals into witch hazel with tweezers or gloves. Touching eyes or sensitive areas after touching menthol can sting.
– When the menthol is dissolved set the mixture aside to cool.
– When it is cool, add the aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils if using.
– Carefully transfer the mixture to a spray bottle for use.
To use, spray and let dry on itchy skin. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.