Vanguard was founded by the legendary investor Jack Bogle on two principles: keeping fees low and keeping holdings simple.

Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (ticker: VOO) The S&P 500 is the most well-known stock market index worldwide.

Vanguard Short-Term Treasury ETF (VGSH) Buffett told his trustee to put 90% of his estate in VOO. The remaining 10% was invested in short-term U.S. Treasury bonds as a safer option.

Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) Jack Bogle suggested that most investors would do well to "buy the haystack." This means opting for maximum diversification, holding a mix of stocks from all market caps, sectors and countries.

Vanguard Short-Term Inflation-Protected Securities ETF (VTIP) With inflation hitting an 8.3% year-over-year increase in April, many investors sought a hedge against its eroding effects on their investment portfolio's value.

Vanguard Total World Bond Market ETF (BNDW) TIPS might appear attractive right now due to high inflation, but for most investors a more broadly diversified bond holding is recommended for a balanced long-term portfolio.

Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) Rising interest rates and high inflation have created strong headwinds for growth stocks, particularly from the tech sector.

Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) Rising interest rates and high inflation have created strong headwinds for growth stocks, particularly from the tech sector.