Teas are one of the best ways to get the healing benefits of herbs. Steeping herbs in hot (boiling) water make the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants even more accessible.
Herbal tea is also quick to make and tastes good even to kids.
Benefits of Herbal Tea During FeversHerbal tea is healthy and delicious in general, but I never thought of it as a fever remedy until a trusted friend suggested it
1. Herbal Tea Warms and Stimulates the BodyFeeling chilled and achy is often one of the first signs illness is approaching. We head for bed and shiver under the covers.
2. Herbal Tea Detoxifies Through SweatingWhen fever (supported by stimulating herbs) raises body temperature, the pores of the skin open to allow perspiration in an attempt to cool off and keep the temperature from getting too high.
3. Herbal Tea HydratesIt turns out dehydration, not fever, may be the thing to fear.If hydration is important when we’re healthy, it’s even more crucial when we’re sick.
4. Herbal Tea Relieves Pain and DiscomfortWhen we get right down to it, all we moms really want (besides healthy kids of course) is to have something to offer to make our kids more comfortable when they’re sick.
5. Herbal Tea Supports ImmunityHerbs like chamomile and mint contain a wide range of nutritional benefits, including being a great source of readily absorbed calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper.