Onions and garlic are both alliums and share health benefits. Allium means "I smell," and onions are pungent.
Onion Home Remedies You Can Count OnOnion Poultice to Relieve-Congestion and CoughingOnions work like an expectorant. They help break up mucus and congestion in the chest and reduce spasmodic coughs.
“Fire Cider” Immunity BoosterFire cider is an age-old remedy made from onions, horseradish, garlic, cayenne pepper, and other aromatic plants steeped in apple cider vinegar.
3. Onion Honey SyrupAn onion syrup is a delicious way to take your medicine. Some people use sugar to make a more traditional syrup but I prefer to use raw honey for even more health benefits.
4. Onions for Ear InfectionsYou may have used garlic oil for an ear infection in your kids before, but onion can be used in much the same way.
5. Onion SoupSoup is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to get more onion into your diet. Save your onion peels and add them to chicken bones and other veggies when you make bone broth.
6. Onions for Sore Muscles, Sprains, and StrainsOnions are rubefacient, meaning they draw blood to the surface of the skin and increase circulation.
7. Onions to Draw Out InfectionOnions have been used for centuries to remove infection from damaged skin. Their properties will draw out pus from boils, bee stings, and the poison from an insect bite or bee sting.