The private aspects of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s turbulent relationship were revealed in court during the former couple’s defamation lawsuit in 2022.
A Relationship Timeline and Legal Battle
The widely publicised court struggle between the two finished on June 1, 2022, with a ruling. A jury found Heard’s 2018 op-ed, in which she referred to herself as a victim of sexual violence, to be defamatory. One year later, Heard paid Depp a $1 million settlement, thereby ending their slander action.
Depp and Heard met on the set of their 2011 collaboration, The Rum Diary. Despite the fact that they were both involved with other people at the time (Depp was in a long-term relationship with French musician and actress Vanessa Paradis. While Heard was dating photographer Tasya van Ree), both celebs stated that they had unmistakable connection.
Following Depp’s divorce from Paradis, the two began dating in secret. “I felt like this man knew me, saw me in a way no one else had,” Heard said of “falling head over heels in love” with the actor. “I felt like the most beautiful person in the world when I was around Johnny.” It made me feel noticed. It made me feel like a king.
Heard wasn’t the only one who was taken. According to a source, Depp was completely smitten with the London Fields actress. “She is a free thinker,” the actor’s longtime buddy added. “Her presence has changed his life.”
The pair married on a secluded island in 2015, but divorced barely 15 months later. In a divorce petition, Heard asserted irreconcilable differences and sought a temporary restraining order against her spouse, citing claims of domestic abuse.
A more extensive history of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s relationship follows:
- In 2009, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard met on the filming of “The Rum Diary.”
- Depp and Heard begin dating in 2012.
- Depp and Heard marry in 2014.
- Depp and Heard marry in an intimate ceremony in Los Angeles in 2015.
- Heard divorces Depp in 2016, accusing him of domestic abuse.
- Depp and Heard’s divorce is finalised in 2017.
- Heard publishes an op-ed piece for The Washington Post in 2018, describing herself as a survivor of domestic violence.
- 2019: Depp sues Heard for defamation, claiming that the op-ed harmed his reputation and career.
- Depp’s defamation trial against Heard begins in 2022 and lasts six weeks.
- 2022: The jury rules in favour of Depp and gives him $10 million in damages.
- Heard files an appeal in 2022.
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s relationship has been turbulent and has been the subject of intense public scrutiny. Their legal challenges are still ongoing, and it is unclear how the resolution of these lawsuits will effect their lives.