A 63-year-old kayaker who failed to arrive home on Wednesday night is still missing, and Maui police are appealing for the public’s assistance in finding him.
Maui Police Seek Information on Missing Kula Kayaker Jerry Morgan
Police are asking anyone with knowledge regarding Jerry Morgan of Kula’s whereabouts to contact them.
When he last spoke to his family on Wednesday at 4 p.m., Morgan was kayaking.
Later that evening, his white Toyota Tacoma was discovered in Kuau Bay, according to the authorities.
At early light today, the Maui Fire Department and U.S. Coast Guard started looking along the island of Maui’s northern coast.
The kayak belonging to Morgan was discovered about 3/4 of a mile to the northeast of Hookipa Beach Park.
With grey hair and brown eyes, Morgan is characterised as being Caucasian, 6 feet tall, and weighing 215 pounds. The kind of clothing he was last seen wearing is unknown.
Call the police at 808-244-6400 if you know anything regarding his location. If there is an emergency, dial 911. Inquire about MPD Report 23-030269.
Kayaking Safety Tips and How to Respond to a Missing Kayaker
It’s crucial to practise safety measures if you intend to go kayaking. Here are a few advices:
- Always paddle with a friend.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you anticipate returning.
- Before you travel, check the weather prediction, and stay out of the wind and choppy water.
- Put on a life jacket and other necessary safety equipment.
- Take note of your surroundings and keep an eye out for potential hazards and other vessels.
Kayaking can be a lucrative and enjoyable pastime, but it’s crucial to stay safe. You can also reduce the possibility of an accident by paying attention to these suggestions.
Here are some more hints for locating a kayaker who has vanished:
- In the region where the kayaker was last seen, conduct a search.
- Keep an eye out for any traces of the kayaker, including their kayak, paddle, or personal items.
- To find out if the missing kayaker has been seen, ask other kayakers and boaters.
- Make contact with the coast guard and local police force.
The local police or coast guard should be contacted and first aid administered if necessary if you come across a missing kayaker.