Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Son Left Devasted After His Sister Brooke Wanstall Died With Her Mum On His Burger Van

Brooke Wanstall Died

Tyla Wanstall was “heartbroken” when he discovered his mother and sister dead inside his burger van. The pair had been decorating it for his birthday when they became ill with carbon monoxide poisoning. Tributes have been paid to a mother and her daughter who were discovered dead in a burger van. Brooke Wanstall, 17, and Leah Churchill, 50, were found in the vehicle on the road in Whitstable, Kent, on Tuesday morning.

Brooke Wanstall Died:

A mother and her daughter were reportedly overtaken by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator while painting a vehicle for a birthday surprise. Tyla Wanstall claims he discovered his mother, Leah Churchill, 50, and sister, Brooke Wanstall, 17, dead inside the burger truck they had been renovating for him as a surprise.

What Happened?

“They were decking out the van inside in balloons and bunting as a birthday surprise for me, like my mum would do at home every year,” Tyla told KentOnline. I had no idea they were going down there last night, but she must have ignited the gasoline generator to keep warm without realising the danger.”

Usually, the generator would be utilised outside the van to prevent emissions from accumulating. Tyla discovered his family inside the truck when he arrived at 8 a.m., noticing his mother’s car parked outside. “I opened the van door and saw my parents and sister and, for a split second, believed they had fallen asleep,” he explained. I smelt fumes, but it just didn’t register straight away, but it became apparent they were both dead.” Tyla called emergency services. Police, fire and ambulance crews arrived. Firefighters have told Tyla there were carbon monoxide fumes in the van.

He said: “It’s heartbreaking to think they spent their last few moments just trying to put a smile on my face.” Leah was a mum of four. After finishing her exams, Brooke had just left school and started working as a carer. Tyla said: “She had her whole life in front of her.” He added: “I don’t know how we’re ever going to get over this.”

Tyla Wanstall Was in Sorrow:

It’s heartbreaking to think they spent their final minutes trying to make me happy.’ He characterised his mother, who worked in hospitality, as a ‘lovely woman who would do everything for anyone’. She is survived by two more children, a 23-year-old daughter named Ocean and a 12-year-old boy named Sonny. Tyla claimed his little sister Brooke, who worked as a carer, was a ‘live-wire with a great personality’. ‘She had her entire life in front of her,’ he added. I’m not sure how we’ll ever get over this.’ Tyla hopes that the tragedy will serve as a wake-up call to others about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read Also:- Washington Man Missing From the Boat: What Happened to Bryson Fitch?