Richard Ash, a 57-year-old man, was found unconscious at a house in the Welsh mining town of New Tredegar last month. The suspect in his death is a 31-year-old lady Rebecca. However, she denied being accused of murder. She faced two accusations of killing Richard Ash and thrashing another woman on the same day.
Details of Richard Ash Murder Case
Richard Marc Ash was found unresponsive at a house in the Welsh mining town of New Tredegar last month. At around 12:30, police went to Eliot Town Residence. Efforts were made to save Richard, but he was later pronounced dead. Mr Ash’s parents, who were deeply affected by their son’s murder, paid tribute to their son, saying Richard Marc is an introverted and kind person. They, in their statement, said-
“Being his parents was a blessing for my wife and me. “Everyone who knew Richard Marc is full of admiration for the kind of person he was. “He was a nice man; that is how we will always remember him.”
A spokesperson in Gwent Police, in his statement, revealed that a 31-year-old Caerphilly woman was retarded on suspicion of murder after we instigated a murder Investigation. The police further stated that, at present, they are not seeking anyone else regarding the incident. Rebecca received a charge for this offence and was placed in detention.
Rebecca will be standing for trial in Cardiff Crown Court in January 2023. She made her appearance this week at Cardiff Crown Court and spoke only to substantiate her identity and to express her pleadings.
Rebecca Press Trial Date
Rebecca was retained in custody, and her trial date was held on next year on January 9. Her Prosecutor, Jason Howells, in a previous hearing, stated that-
“We consider this to be a two to three-week trial.” In the interim, numerous statements and pieces of evidence are collected.
More About Rebecca Louise Press
The female murder suspect will stand trial in January. However, she denies all the allegations of killing someone and assaulting another woman resulting in actual bodily harm. She was unable to attend the hearing on Tuesday due to transportation issues. John Hipkin KC said her trial could go ahead as planned.
For Rebecca, it was not easy to find a barrister willing to take her case due to the ongoing barrister strike.