Zac Efron will be playing one of the members of the famous wrestlers’ Von Erich family in a true-to-life story titled ‘The Iron Claw’.
‘The Iron Claw’ Features Von Erich Family
The Von Erich family is known for their popularity in wrestling. Here are the members of the Von Erich family who made a name in wrestling, according to a report published in COLLIDER:
- Fritz Von Erich
- Kevin Von Erich
- David Von Erich
- Kerry Von Erich
- Mike Von Erich
- Chris Von Erich
Additionally, Marshall Von Erich and Ross Von Erich are still active in wrestling. However, it is still not known who among the members of the Von Erich Zac Efron will be playing in the upcoming movie ‘The Iron Claw’.
Tragic Life of Von Erich Family
The ‘Iron Claw’ will also explore the tragic life of Von Erich family. Even though, they made a name as wrestlers and their presence can still be felt today, this is how some of them ended their careers, according to a report published in Movie Web:
- Jack Von Erich- died at the age of six years old due to an accident
- David Von Erich- died at the age of 25 in 1984 due to enteritis
- Mike Von Erich- intentionally overdosed at the age of 23
- Chris Von Erich- committed suicide through self-inflicted gunshot wounds at the age of 21 in 1991
- Kerry Von Erich- also committed suicide through self-inflicted gunshot wounds at the age of 23 in 1993
Among the six siblings, Kevin Von Erich remained alive at the age of 65 years old today. The ‘Iron Claw’ is an interesting movie because it will tell us how they became popular wrestlers and how this popularity ended.