If everything goes according to plan, Netflix’s Shadow and Bone season 2 will debut somewhere between late 2022 and early 2023.
Short Details of ‘Shadow and Bone’ Season 2
In a published article on Netflix Life, the ‘Shadow and Bone’ Season 2 will have the following:
- Season 2 will include eight episodes, each lasting around an hour and a half.
- Season 2 of Siege and Storm is slated to air soon after.
- Season 2 will be shot from January through May of 2022.
- The cast now includes Anna Leong Brophy, Lewis Tan, Patrick Gibson, and Jack Wolfe.
- Season 2 will be overseen by Eric Heisserer, who will also serve as showrunner.
- There has been no announcement of a release date or time frame.
Will the ‘Shadow and Bone’ Be Renewed for Season 2?
No formal statements about a renewal were made until Netflix’s Geeked Week, when they’re announcing a slew of fresh announcements, despite there being plenty of source material still to come. The announcement of the renewal was accompanied by a video with the actors discussing it, according to a published article in Epic Stream.
Meet the New Characters in ‘Shadow and Bone’ Season 2
- Nikolai Lantsov (Patrick Gibson) is a Prince who adopts an alter persona under the name of Sturmhond and gathers a squad of mercenaries and troops to aid Ravka in their fight against the tyrants. Described as swaggering and confident.
- Grisha Heartrender (capacity to influence human bodies) Anna Leong Brophy plays Tamar Kir-Bataar, who carries two axes. Is an openly gay character who is Tolya’s twin sister. Back and Traces are a specialty of Brophy’s.
- Lewis Tan portrays Tolya Yul-Bataar in the film – Tolya will join the ranks of the Sturmhond’s mercenary crew. Wu Assassins and Mortal Kombat are two of Tan’s most well-known works.
- Wylan Hendriks, played by Jack Wolfe — This well-to-do young man was forced into the criminal underground by his father’s business decisions, which led him to join the band of mercenaries known as “The Crows.” Inside No. 9 and The Witcher included Wolfe’s appearance.
Moreover, a shooting date hasn’t been formally announced by Netflix, but production is now scheduled to begin in January of 2022, reports Deadline. From January to July 2022, Shadow and Bone season 2 will be shot completely in Budapest. According to the most recent information, filming is scheduled to begin on January 10th and continue until May 18th.