States in the US have received some form of stimulus payment in the last few weeks. However, the amount of money available varies from state to state and from local governments’ eligibility criteria. This year, state governments in the United States are providing assistance ranging from $300 to $2,000 to families affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to The Sun.
Stimulus Payments From States
As part of the federal government’s response to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, $1,200 in March 2020, $600 in December, and $1,400 in March were distributed to eligible adults. Since the outbreak began, the federal government has sent billions of dollars in aid to American citizens.
The recent rise in Omicron case numbers has some wondering if the federal government will implement another round of direct stimulus checks to help the economy recover. For this reason, a new stimulus check is being demanded by some. According to MARCA, some states in the United States are offering financial assistance and stimulus checks to their citizens.
To be eligible for stimulus payments, one must meet specific income requirements and file a US tax return. The stimulus check is available to single taxpayers earning up to $75,000 and married couples earning up to $150,000. It is possible that the amount of stimulus money a family is eligible for may be affected by their tax return, as per CBS News.
The 7 States That Are Aiding Their Residents
Some states are handing out money, which many people may require to cover rising household expenses or pay down debt as the pandemic’s financial fallout continues. Here is a list of states that are giving money, which many people may require to cover rising household expenses or to pay down debt:
- Florida Stimulus. The state of Florida’s fourth stimulus payment was $1,000. In this case, only teachers and first responders received the benefits.
- New Hampshire Stimulus. A one-time payment of $1,086 will be made to New Hampshire families of three who do not have an income.
- New Mexico Stimulus. Only a few applicants will receive funding, with low-income families given priority. Financial aid is available in the amount of up to $750.
- Connecticut Stimulus. The state of Connecticut’s Back to Work stimulus program, which helps people find new jobs after being laid off due to the pandemic, will expire on December 31. The recipient must have found work before receiving the payments worth $1,000 each.
- Tennessee Stimulus. A $1,000 bonus for full-time public school employees and a $500 bonus for part-time public school employees were enacted earlier this year in Tennessee by the state legislature.
- California Stimulus. A total of between $600 and $1,100 was expected to be paid out to Golden State Stimulus II recipients by the end of the month. To qualify for stimulus payments, Californians who file their 2020 tax returns by October 15 must do so. If your annual income is over $75,000, you may qualify for up to one thousand dollar checks.
- Vermont Stimulus. Vermont residents who relocate because of joblessness in the hospitality or construction industries may be eligible for up to $7,500 in moving expenses from the state.
Read Related Article: Last Stimulus Check For This Year Coming Tomorrow, Find Out If You Are Eligible